Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Happy Day.



A day with no iPods, video games, TV, fighting or begging me for a play-date. A day with just your sibling, enjoying each other's company and catching frogs. Being kids. Running with a spring in your step when you see a frog hop in the brush. Admiring the frog's beauty. Sharing an experience. This is the type of summer day that I hope my kids will remember.

I don't remember how old I was when I began to see my brothers as not annoying pests, but as wonderful friends. I think I was pretty old before I figured that one out. My wish for my children is that they begin to treasure each other NOW. Stop the bickering and competitiveness. Realize how much you care for each other....because if you wait too long, you may be miles apart before you figure it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remind me to tell your kids a personal story about that when they come to "the farm".