Thursday, December 17, 2009

Damn tree.

I knew it was too good to be true. I was happily going along with my Christmas Cheer, enjoying the nature inside, watering the tree twice daily, admiring it's beauty and fragrance.....

Tonight I went to water it, and noticed some of the wrapping paper on the presents was damp. A quick check of the tree skirt validated my fears. The tree was leaking. We slid the massive thing over a few feet and found a wonderfully warped wooden floor. Yes. The wood floors that we refinished one year ago.

Oh well. The warped floor will go nicely with the dog urine stain and the floor boards next to the sink that expanded after an over night leaking problem. Isn't there a saying about how wrinkles show you've lived life? Well...warped floor boards prove you live in a home, not just a house.

No comments: