Monday, July 14, 2008

13 blissful years!


Today is our 13 year anniversary.  13 years. Amazing. We had a beautiful wedding, full of what you would expect.... flowers, food, cake, drinks, music, etc.... however the memory that stands out the most in my mind is that at the end of the night, Brian and I boarded the limo to take us to the hotel.  And surprise,  I was starving!  I had hardly eaten all night....never-mind the food we painstakingly picked out, we didn't get a chance to eat it!  So, when the Limo wisked us away, we made a short stop at the SUBWAY in downtown Kansas City.  The clearest thought of mine of my entire wedding was when I stayed in the limo and watched Brian order in Subway.  I thought "That is my husband.  THAT IS MY HUSBAND!"  He is ordering me a sub...and he is taking care of me.

Ever since then, whenever I have been afraid and in the doctor's office/hospital/kid's classroom/scary midnight sound/whatever....when I meet Brian's eyes, I know that we are in this together.  That is more important to me than anything.   That is how I know we are in this for the right reasons and that is how I know, without a doubt, that I love him.

1 comment:

Still Waiting said...

That made me cry. :-) Congratulations to you both. Lots of love.