Wednesday, June 17, 2009

School's Out for Summer





All day long I've had that song running through my head. I don't particularly like the song, nor do I know any other words than the title.....but it's summer!

Kate and I have lovely tradition of blowing each other kisses once she boards the bus. I don't know how much longer she will partake in it, but it warms my heart every day. Right now she's not embarrassed or ashamed of me and she will blow and catch kisses all the way until I'm out of sight.

I promised Brock and his friends that I would treat them to ice cream. As I was backing the car out of the driveway, we heard the most terrible, gut wrenching sound. I had backed over Tupelo, our six month old puppy. I don't think I actually ran over him, at least I didn't feel anything.....and he's acting okay. His screech is still ringing in my ears. He's walking fine....but he's definitely more mellow than earlier. Maybe I scared the crap out of him, like he did me! I plan on spoiling him tonight with lots of good tummy rubs and as a special treat, he can cuddle on the couch.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I was waiting for this story. He sounds okay. As for your adorable daughter and the kisses. You must be one amazing mommy. I would still do that even now. Cherish the relationship you two have. Not all mom/daughters have it. xoxo- Katie