Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's a Holly Jolly Season...


This evening Kate and I went to our small downtown which just happened to be during the time of the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. (No wonder I couldn't find a parking spot.) Downtown was very festive with lights, decorations, carolers, a horse drawn carriage and Santa arriving via the fire truck. Shops were open late giving out treats and our favorite bakery was handing out yummy chocolate peppermint cake. Kate quickly gobbled hers down, while I savored mine. She asked for a bite and proceeded to take a huge bite, leaving me with just icing and crumbs. I retaliated by shoving the rest of the cake in her face. She was a super sport about it and we had a good laugh. What a fun time with my girl.....she was a pure joy tonight.

No comments: