Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 2 of chick raising

So far so good. I didn't sleep very well last night. I kept worrying about the babies. Kate and I are planning on taking pictures each Monday. The bigger ones were born on 2/22 (Kate's bday) and the two smaller ones were born a week later on 3/1.


I think Ruby Sue is going to be the dominate one. She's the one I picked out, so she must take after me. She also likes to step in her own poop. That's one thing we don't have in common.

Brian's bird is Sally Rue



Kate's is Roxy. She seems like she will be the sweetest and the quietest.


Brock's is Mel. She's the loudest....no surprise there.


And here's our family's joint chicken, Mabel. She likes to stand on the food bowl.



Group cuddling shot:


And last but not least, the best Chicken Coop Builder on this side of the state.