Thursday, October 28, 2010

Surprisingly, no saga.

He did not make the JV team. Only 12 kids did. Instead, he is one of 36 kids on the C Team. The last time I checked, the game of basketball requires five players on the court at a time. How will they manage a roster of 36? It will also be interesting to see how many C Team players quit because they didn't make the star team. Maybe the roster will get smaller.

We are growing up. And by we, I mean my son and me. Brock and I took the news well. I think it especially helped to see that many talented kids were on the C Team, even some talented 8th graders. The process seemed as fair as it could be. No dads on the side lines picking their favorites. No cliques. No secret meetings. Just good ol' fashioned school sports.

Phew. I was prepared for a storm of drama. Instead, I was met with a gentle breeze that didn't even ruffle our feathers.

2 comments:

Gberger said...

HOORAY for "no drama," and for a dear young man (& his mom) who accept what comes, with grace.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it worked out for the best. Brock is a great kid and obviously a very good athlete in many sports! You've raised good ones! Hope all is well in your world.

♥ ~h