Monday, November 1, 2010

Tuning out but ready to tune in....

Enough already! I can't wait for tomorrow (Election Day) to be over so our radio and TV waves are no longer filled with negative, hateful and confusing commercials.

What will play in their place? How will the media survive without them? Oh. I know...it's time to break out the holly and the bells. It's time for Christmas Commercials, my most favorite time of the year.

I'm not kidding. I love the way Christmas/Holiday commercials make me feel. All cozy and warm with the hint of excitement.

This one can still make me choke up a bit. So does this one. Notice I didn't list any Macy's, Kohls or Wal-Mart commercials. Retailers need to go back to the classic styles. Give us meatier commercials! Draw us in....make us remember, make us feel.

2 comments:

PI said...

Those were some good commercials but they looked like they were from the 70's. Commercials haven't existed like that in a while. Maybe you could create a couple commercials to mimic these!

Unknown said...

The Folgers commercial is unforgettably cheesy. I guess that makes it a success. You're family should recreate that for your local coffee roaster, see if it sells. Maybe staring long, lost uncle ben!