Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where have I been, you wonder?

Let's see...

1. I got a speeding ticket — first one since I was in high school.
2. Brian accidentally stepped on our baby rooster and killed it. (A sight that will forever be seared into both of our memories. Luckily the children weren't home.)
3. Drama in the neighborhood over a semi-permantely parked RV.
4. Our pets continue to relieve themselves in inappropriate places.
5. I still hate packing school lunches.
6. I have socks older than the number of months left until I turn 40. (16 months and counting...)
7. I am constantly amazed at the number of shoes I see along the highway. How do they get there? Child-size shoes I understand: (Toddler + Shoes) Open Car Window = Chances are good your child will leave the car with one less shoe. But what I don't get are the adult shoes on the side of the road. Do that many people forget they put shoes on the roof of their car and drive away?
8. And speaking of shoes, lately I have spent a fair amount of time pondering the Middle Eastern custom of throwing shoes at elected officials in protest. After the event, do people retrieve their shoes? That seems like such a waste...

And that about sums it up.
How are you?

1 comment:

Gberger said...

I have been wondering where you have been! You've been writing elsewhere, as well, right?
So sorry to hear about your rooster incident - that sounds traumatic.
I heard once that the shoes that hang on the powerlines are a signal of some kind. Have you heard that?
I'm glad you're back!