Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's the little things.


Sometimes I can get really down. I get the attitude that my life sucks and I tend to dwell on the negative things. I have really been trying to have a change of heart. My life is really good, in fact, it's great, and I need to focus on that. Yes, the dog tracks in mud, yes my kids leave their socks all over the house, but does that really mean my life sucks? I don't think so.

I have been trying to focus on the little things that make me happy instead of the little things that can ruin my day. I turned on the car radio the other day and a song I loved in high school (Fool in the Rain) had just started. I turned it up and opened the sun roof. Pure bliss.

My daughter loves to write little notes. "You are the best mom in the world. I love you infinity infinities." Precious.

My son, all on his own without any prompting from me, told his teacher: "Hey Mr. C, thanks for putting together a great Valentine's Day party. I know it was a lot of work but it was really fun. Thank you for doing it for the class." AWWW....

My husband surprised me and organized and labeled all the spices. I came home to a cabinet full of order. I was in awe and continue to be whenever I reach for the oregano.

A friend calls and we talk for an hour without even realizing it. She understands my worries, my thoughts and my humor. Bless her.

Thank you to those of you who contribute to all of my little things. Here's to the little things. They make the bigger things so much easier to handle.

No comments: