Sunday, February 10, 2008

Obama Fever




Brian was lucky enough to attend the Obama rally in Seattle. He rode his bike up to the event and was able to capture a great video of many of the people waiting in line (he estimates that the line was twice as long). The doors opened at 11:00 and it was filled to capacity at 11:20 (18,000+inside Key Arena) and about 3000 who weren't able to get in, but stayed outside anyway.

I attended the caucus yesterday. It was great to see so much support for Obama (where he overwhelmingly won). I was especially moved to see so many people in their 60's and above who were in support for Obama.

During the caucus I stood up in my precinct and said that ever since I turned 18 and was able to vote in Presidential Elections, there has always been a Clinton or Bush on the ticket and that it was time for a different slate of people to lead our country.

No comments: