Thursday, November 13, 2008

Exhausted before I get there.

I am going away with my bookclub friends tomorrow.  Sounds like fun, right?  Well, it will be once I arrive.  Here's what I need to do before I leave:

1.  Wash and lay out soccer uniforms for Saturday am (including gear)
2.  Make sure the pets have a large enough stash of food.  If not, go purchase more.
3.  Wrap birthday gift for daughter's friend's party.
4.  Give detailed instructions to husband about when/where the party is.
5.  Remind husband about soccer pizza party, immediately following daughter's game.
6.  Find a ride for son to attend his soccer game.
7.  Stock the fridge with enough food, so they make healthy choices.
8.  Pack.

When my husband goes out of town, his list is like this:
1.  Pack.

In all fairness, I couldn't do the job my husband does, and I do truly appreciate all that he does for the family. But for once, I would like to be able to leave with out so much hassle.  I'm only going to be gone for less than 48 hours, but the preparation feels like much longer.

Stay tuned to Part II.....coming home to piles of laundry, messy house and empty fridge.

1 comment:

Parker said...

I completely understand. I'm planning a work related trip to Chicago in a couple of weeks and I have already started making sure I have backup childcare, worrying about the kids getting to school on time and wondering if they will be made to bathe and brush. When my husband travels, he just packs and leaves!