Saturday, January 9, 2010

Glass half full....

I'm a glass half empty gal by nature. When I can switch to half full, that's called progress. I recently progressed in one area.....

Our house is nearby a busy street. It's one of the ways we could afford it....I have gotten used to the car noises and sometimes when it's raining, I can trick my self into thinking it's the sound of surf. But it can still bug me.

There are a lot of good things about our house though. It has lots of character. Big trees. Modern lines. Unique. Good close-in location.

And another one I recently discovered.

People think of us when they drive by our house/street. Frequently people say, "I drove by your house today, and I thought of you." I think of all the warm fuzzies that people send to us as they drive by. One friend says whenever she drives by, she gives us a little wave.

That gives me comfort.

5 comments:

Still Waiting said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your house. Miss you and love you lots.
Fran

Erin said...

Thanks Fran....I wasn't digging for compliments, but thanks all the same. Miss you too....I tried to email you last week and it bounced back for some reason. XXOO

Kate said...

I have not seen your house!
I think you are definitely a half full girl though! xo

prousher

-word verification word today.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a great way to look at it! Kuddos to you to see the glass half full :0)!

Darby said...

Erin,

I just found your blog! :)