Friday, January 29, 2010

Shopping for banks....

Remember my post a couple back, regarding my banker daughter?

Brian normally rides his bike to work. However, after an unfortunate soccer accident, he has hurt his knee and can no longer ride and has been taking the bus to the ferry. It's a small time bus operation and you have to have exact change ($2). The other morning, he only had a $5 bill and needed change. I asked Kate if she could make change.

"See! I told you. You use me like a bank."
"Well, that's because you nicely save your money. I'm not asking to borrow any money, I simply asked if you could make change for a $5 bill."
"You are so mean."
"So, would you rather have Dad overpay for his bus ride? If so, that's $3 less we will have to spend for your birthday." (I know I was being mean, and hitting below the belt.)

She held her ground and didn't make the change. Now, to her defense, it was early in the morning and she was walking out the door for school. Brian should have figured out his money situation earlier, but what part of doing favors for each other does my daughter not grasp?

I am tired of the customer service I have been received at Bank of Katherine. It's time for me to shop around and find a new bank. Maybe I can get a free toaster out of this.

1 comment:

heids said...

Maybe you should offer to pay interest? :)