Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Staking out my 3x3 space.



I realize that I haven't written for awhile and will try and catch up later....for now here's what I've been working on:
Our house isn't big but it isn't small....and most of the time it's just right for us. One would think that somewhere in this house I could find a space to call my own. For seven years I have searched for my space and I claimed it this weekend. We moved Lucy's dog crate from the mudroom and put up a make-shift desk for me under the metal stairs. I LOVE IT. It may be cozy, but I have a big window to gaze out at and being under the stairs makes it seem airy. An added bonus is that because the stairs are metal, I have a built in magnetic board.

For my birthday I'm ordering a small desk to replace the rickety card table. It's amazing how this nine feet square space is making me so happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks very inviting! It's a good reminder that happiness can be easily achieved if we are creative

Kate said...

It looks awesome!

Unknown said...

This is the best idea I've seen carried out in the new year! It looks great.