Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!


Eight years ago I started a tradition on May Day to surprise teachers and friends with a small bud vase of flowers. This year, May Day fell on a Saturday and I almost took the year off. Then I remembered what the PE teacher at my daughter's school said to me last year. (He's a rather shy fellow around parents, great with kids and a gentle soul.) Last year he said, "I look forward to May Day every year. It's one of my favorite days." How could I not keep up the tradition this year?

Here's hoping that your May Day is full of sunshine and spring happiness.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What a thoughtful and special thing. I would start crying if someone brought me flowers! You are a sweetie!

heids said...

Beautiful!

Rex Loy said...

When I was a kid, it was tradition in our town to leave flowers on the doorsteps of those neighbors we liked...then we'd ring the doorbell and run like crazy. (It didn't count if you got caught!)