Monday, October 6, 2008

Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy....

My ten year old walks down the stairs.  He is fresh out of the shower, his hair is perfectly coifed, wearing his cool jeans and shirt.

10 year old:  "Good morning Mom!....Say, Mom, I've been meaning to tell you, that lately you have been looking really pretty."

[keep in mind that I haven't showered, have on zero make-up, my hair isn't brushed and I'm wearing work-out clothes]

Me:  "Gosh.  That sure is nice of you to say."

10 year old:  "Well, it's true."  (Meanwhile, he is checking out his reflection in the window.)

If he was anyone else,  I wouldn't take the bait.  But, he was being too darn adorable....I bit it hook, line and sinker.

Me:  "Well, let me tell you.  You are the most handsome boy I've ever seen."

GREAT BIG SMILE and a bonus hug.  

No comments: