Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rough time.


My 8 year old is going through a rough patch with her best friend.  Suddenly M has become friends with K and is leaving my daughter out.  My heart aches for her, as her eyes well up with tears and she explains her time at recess.  Who knew parenting would be so emotional?  I think I feel her pain and then some!

She told me:  "Mom, you know how some people think you can tell their lives from their palms? Well, I think my life is right here."  (as she points to the rough edge of her hand)  "...I'm going through a rough part of my life.  But, see how it smoothes out later?  That's when it will be better."  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! I've been reading your blog for a while now - you always write something that brings a smile to my face or a "yup, I get that!" Its amazing how are little ones see the world...what great insight your daughter has!

Erin said...

Sheri! So great to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. Where is MnM's2 when I need it?? Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

We're having this issue (from both sides) lately, too, with my kindergartener. I was hoping it wouldn't keep happening years from now! Rats. I don't remember recess strife like this when I was a kid.... Do you?

(ps, just found your blog from Kendra's!)