Thursday, October 30, 2008

An emotional wreck.



For the past couple of days, I have been on the verge of tears.  I lost it last night during Barack's commercial.  Not just tears, but big sobs.  I think what gets me most is to think "what if's" and the effect the "what if's" could have on my children's future.

Never in my life has an election caused me so much angst.  I heard a statistic that 8 out of 10 adults in America are experiencing high levels of stress due to the election and the economy.  I definitely fall in that category.  And did I just hear it correctly....people are worried the election will be stolen?  I'm sorry, can you remind me what country we live in again?  The junk that has surfaced to the top is stuff that movies are made of...

I've taken to lighting candles, listening to jazz (www.kplu.org), taking deep breaths and the occasional glass of red wine.  November 4th can't come soon enough for me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Erin! I agree, this presidential race will be life changing for our country...truly history in the making and it feels great knowing that we are all a part of the process. I got my ballot out last night after watching Obama's commericial and filled it in with Skylar sitting by my side. I grew up in a Republican family but could not pull the trigger for the GOP this time around...Obama's got my vote! Hope you and your family have a fun and safe Halloween!

heids said...

I cried when I watched it too. I have a feeling I'm in for an out & out emotional breakdown if (god willing) he wins. Hope all is well. ~H.

Erin said...

Sheri,

Thanks for your support and thanks for your vote! I know that probably wasn't easy.

Take care,
Erin

Erin said...

Heidi,

What's the political environment like in KC?

heids said...

I think Kansas will be red (as usual), and I'm surrounded by folks at work who hold opposite opinions from mine (in Shawnee, KS) which is kinda rough, but we went to see Obama speak at Liberty Memorial and the sheer number of people was unbelievable. I'm not sure how telling that is, but I'm *hoping* it's an idicator of how MO will swing. Fingers crossed!