Friday, May 15, 2009

Everything old is new again.


We are down to one working hand set for our home telephone.....and now it's on its last leg.  This morning Brian and I were discussing purchasing new phones.  My son over heard the conversation and chimed in:

"You know what would be really cool?" he said as he crossed the kitchen floor to the wall, "If we got one of those phones that hangs on the wall and has a really long cord."  

Yes.  Please bring me back to my childhood when I would be tethered to the wall.  I so miss wrapping the cord around my fingers, over-stretching the cord and having it knot.  

That kind of phone would dramatically cut down on my phone calls.  

As long as we are going retro, we could go back to TVs that you have to PHYSICALLY get up and turn the dial.....and if you missed the station you were looking for, you would have to patiently turn the knob again.  

Oh the good ol' days.  Maybe my son is onto something.  Maybe we need old technology to make a come back in order to make us slow down.

No comments: