Monday, May 18, 2009

Eyes on Goal.

My son spent the weekend trying out for select soccer.  I know, I know, why put an 11 year old through such stress?  Well, because soccer has become his life.  It's all he wants to do.  If we would let him, he would like to join a professional soccer team tomorrow.  He practically has a soccer ball with him at all times, he would like to use one as a pillow.

The "soccer bug" has definitely caught him. He played on the "B" team last year and has been training for months in hopes of making the "A" team.  His try outs went well....however every time he would make a good play, I would look over at the evaluators, and their backs would be to my son.  I don't know how accurate of a look they got of him.

Tonight, my daughter said, "Mom, I really hope he makes the Blue Team.  He is such a good player that if there was a team even higher than the Blue Team, like a Green Team, he would make that one."   What a loving sister.

Here's a video that Brian put together of the soccer stud's moves.

For once, I would like the cards to fall in his favor.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to watch! Wow, Erin he really has some serious talent. Sending him good thoughts that he makes the select team!

Kendra Field said...

That was AWESOME! Good luck!

Erin said...

Thanks for the good wishes....still waiting to hear.

Cindy Irey said...

That video is SO cool! You make it look easy, natural. I am so happy for you to have such good skills.

Love,
Grandma