Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Home sweet home.


My daughter spent a good deal of Sunday morning sad, crying and upset at the thought of one day leaving us and going out on her own.  She cried and cried.  It was actually sweet at how much she loves all of us and doesn't want things to ever change.  She even cried at the thought of her brother going away to college.

I'm posting this for two reasons.  One, it was a tender, sweet moment.  One I will always remember.  Two, I want to be able to give her proof in about 5 years (in the thick of teenage times) that at one point, she loved us and wanted to be with us.

1 comment:

Gberger said...

You are a very smart mom; good thinking!
It was good to hear from you.
A note about FlyLady: she sends WAY too many emails for me, but her website is full of helpful hints, recipes, organizational tips and lists that you can download. The way I do it now is to take the "digest" form of communication, so the emails are fewer. Some might not want any emails at all, but I find the reminders helpful, at this point. =)