Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And so it begins.


Another school year is upon us. Hard to believe that the summer is over. I feel like it just started.....

Kate is thrilled about her teacher and her classmates. She's in a good place and is very happy. However, I need to get over my distaste of her boot choice. When did I become that adult who doesn't understand current fashions and trends? Guess I'll pull up my elastic-waist jeans and fasten my velcro black tennis shoes and embrace my oldness.

Brock had such a train wreck of a year last year. The summer was sweet and joyous and it's hard to think about another school year. Just like if you had been in a true train wreck, you'd be nervous to board another train....he was nervous about another school year. KNOCK ON WOOD!!! Things seemed to go well today. We'll just take it one day at a time and hope for the best. (Could I sound anymore cliched?)

1 comment:

heids said...

they are so grown up! i hope the school year is great for both of them.

p.s. i have similar boots and love them. :)