Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nesting.

There must be something in my DNA.....something past down to me from my farmer ancestors. My days have been filled with nesting activities (no, I'm not pregnant). Yesterday I baked an apple pie and sewed. Today I plan on organizing and cleaning. I have a desire to get all my affairs in order before winter is upon us. It has to be my genetic make-up telling me to do these things....because if someone gave me a $500 Nordstrom gift card and said I must use it today, I would have to pass. The canned goods need organizing.

On a different note, just wanted to let you know dear readers that I still cannot stand to pack school lunches. I just finished day 15/180. To make things interesting I play a game called "Ask the Apple". You may remember a grade school game where you twist an apple stem and recite the alphabet. Whatever letter you land on when the stem falls off, is the first initial of the person you will marry. I've taken it to a new level and now ask the apple a question and twist the stem reciting "Yes, No" until the stem falls off. A magic eight ball sort of game. Usually the kids want to ask questions like "Will Brock be a professional soccer player?" or "Will Kate get a horse?" I am going to start to ask it questions that I will be able to quickly prove like: "Will Tupelo poop on our morning walk?" or "Will the mail come before noon?" Based on my research and how accurate the apple proves to be, I plan on extending it's fortune telling abilities to bigger life issues. Stay tuned. The apple may reveal the answers to life's secrets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should ask your magic apple if you will be winning the lottery soon so you can hire a personal chef and he can make the school lunches for you....now that would be nice! Love reading your posts - they always bring a smile to my face!