Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pneumonia still has a hold on me.

I just returned from the doctor for my post-pneumonia follow up.  Apparently, I still have a fever. I haven't been feeling feverish, but they took it twice and it said 99.6 (not really a fever in my book, but they acted concerned.  However, she stressed that I am no longer contagious).  The doctor said that I may begin to feel worse because the antibiotics stays in my system for 10 days and once it runs its course, I may feel rotten again.

The doctor was reading aloud what she was typing in my chart.  I found it funny.  "Patient seems well groomed and is speaking coherently.  Normal gait."  I knew I looked like death last week, but had no idea I looked ungroomed, and walked and spoke funny.  No wonder I received so many odd looks while waiting for my prescription at the pharmacy.  

It's weird where your mind wonders when you are really ill.  Last week I was pondering if I had to go to the hospital and if (for some reason) I had to go via ambulance, how would I get downstairs?  I had visions of the EMT's carrying me down on a stretcher.  My mind then jumped to:  "I hope they don't scratch the paint!"  Nice to see I have my priorities in line.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you will enjoy some additional pampering when we get there next Wednesday. Hopefully, you will surprise the Doctor and get better without feeling worse again.
Love
Michael