Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hula-hopeless

Yesterday I decided to try out a new hula-hoop fitness class. I loved hula-hooping as a child, and how difficult could it be? I was very smug in the class.....I wasn't the star pupil, but I was a close second. I could ALMOST make it look effortless (for a few minutes), I left the class thinking, "Well, that was a nice work out, but no big deal. I'm not even very sweaty."

I have now spent the past 24 hours in pain. As I type this, I have a heating pad on my lower back. Holy cow! What did I do? My lower back feels like I'm back labor. I can't bend over, when I sneeze, I see stars. To get in and out of the car, I have to rely on breathing exercises.

Getting old sucks.

This weekend we are going to see The Black Eyed Peas. I was fairly sure I'd be one of the older attendees. Now, I will get to be an older attendee with a Ben-Gay patch on her back and ibuprofen in her pocket. If any teeny-booper gives me trouble, I'll fend them off with my Aqua Net and my Polident.

3 comments:

Kate said...

You are NOT old! Not even close! I SO wish I was joining you at the concert!

Unknown said...

I love it! Very well written my dearest sister!

Kate said...

I thought of this post today when someone came in to see if I would sell her hand embellished hula hoops. I said "hell yeah"!