Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Slowly....very very slowly.



This whole coop building thing is taking a lot longer than I would have guessed. Why? Oh, the fact that my husband has a full-time job and that the kid's schedules take up a lot of free time on the weekends, and the fact that we live in a rainy area so even if there is some free time, it is often wet.


The coop is starting to take shape and Brian has done a terrific job on it. It's almost time to start painting it, if the weather is ever dry and warm enough. The chickens are starting to really look like hens, including their pretty tail feathers. Here's a picture of Kate holding Mabel. Check out her talons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, this is Tammy's Aunt Michele (in Indianapolis). Long time lurker. I just had to tell you how cool this is. Wow.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I never assumed that the coop would have wood siding. I was thinking of wrapping it in chicken wire -- how silly of me! Can you believe you are doing that project when I'm not there to help?

Kate said...

It looks AWESOME!!!